(Photo by Gary Corbett)
“It’s time to think of what to do with all those leftover Easter eggs!…said no one ever! Â Well, if by chance you do have any leftover you could get your kids to make these super easy Easter chocolate crackles. They don’t require any cooking except to heat up theÂ copha and are a great treat kids can make themselves for parties. I’ve included sultanas (to make them vaguely more healthy) and optional nuts. Enjoy!”
- 250g copha
- 4 cups rice bubbles
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Easter eggs
- Big mixing bowl
- Stirring spoon
- Cup measure
- Dessert spoon
- Microwave bowl or jug
- Cupcake pan
- Cupcake papers
- Chop the copha into small pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl or jug. Microwave for bursts of 30 seconds until fully melted. Mine took about 2:30 from the fridge but if it’s at room temperature should take less.
- Into the big bowl put the rice bubbles, Icing sugar, coconut, cocoa, sultanas and almonds. Using the big spoon mix it together until its we’ll combined. (This could also be done in a food processor)
- Add the melted copha to the bowl and stir until it’s all combined.
- Put the cupcake papers in the cupcake pans and spoon mixture into each one. I found this mixture made 17 chocolate crackles.
- Sprinkle the sprinkles over each one.
- Peel the foil off the Easter eggs and push down into each chocolate crackle.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to solidify.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.